Thursday, March 7, 2013

Newborn Cocoon

Oh how I wish I had a newborn to model this one.  I love how this cocoon turned out.  It measures approx 14 inches long and approx 8 inches wide.
I have seen cocoons anywhere from 14ish inches long-22ish inches long.  I had small babies, so 14 seemed good to me.  If you want make yours longer just add some extra rows before fastening off.
Swirls and Sprinkles: Free crochet newborn cocoon pattern
Can't you just see little fingers and toes poking out of there?  :)
 You may not copy, change, or sell my patterns in part or in whole.  You may sell your finished product, but I ask that you give credit for the pattern by linking back to me.

***This cocoon is intended for use as a photo prop.  Do not leave a baby in the cocoon unattended or for long periods of time.  

What you will need:
N hook
Super Bulky Yarn (I used Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn)
Scissors

Newborn Cocoon

Start with magic Ring
Round 1:  Ch 4 (counts as first dc and ch 1), dc into ring, *dc, ch 1, dc* Repeat 3 more times, join with sl-st in 3rd ch of ch 4  Pull ring closed.
Round 2:  sl-st into first ch 1 sp from previous round, ch 4, dc into same ch 1 sp, ch 1, dc into sp, *dc, ch 1, dc, ch1, dc into next ch1 sp* Repeat in 3 remaining ch 1 sp’s.  Join with sl st to 3rd ch of beginning ch 4.
Round 3:   sl-st into first ch 1 sp from previous round, ch 4, dc into same sp. *dc, ch 1 dc* into next ch 1 sp.  Repeat in each ch 1 space around.  Join with sl-st into 3rd ch of beginning ch 4.
Round 4-13  :  Repeat round 3.

Fasten off.  Secure ring and weave in ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment